The Library Board of Trustees is an administrative agency of the City of Norwalk. Seven trustees, appointed by the Mayor and approved by City Council, set library policy, approve library expenditures, and advocate for responsive and creative library services. The trustees employ the library director who is responsible for the library’s day-to-day operations.
The trustees meet at 6:30 p.m. in the library’s community room on the second Monday of each month. Meetings are open to the public.
Trustees & Term Expirations:
- Steve Clarke, Board President – June 2026
- Sarah Smith, Secretary – June 2025
- Elizabeth Thompson, Treasurer – June 2024
- Stephanie Farmer – June 2024
- Nikki Huetter – June 2026
- Joe Moench – June 2024
- Kelly Stewart – June 2026
- Council Liaison: David Lester
The Bylaws of the Library Board of Trustees can be found at this link:
You can find agendas and minutes for the current fiscal year’s monthly meetings at this link: